Why Medical experts project a big boom for the spine care industry
By Admin | February 27, 2017
Dr. Sinicropi of the Midwest Spine & Brain Institute in Minnesota expects spine care to move to the forefront of medical care in the coming years. Here are five reasons why:
- More children are specializing in a single sport, something that has been statistically shown to cause a higher rate of injury in growing bodies.
- Obesity is on the rise, and carrying around extra weight stresses the spine, leading to degeneration and other problems.
- There are more Baby Boomers than any other generation, and they’re in or approaching their 60s, 70s, and 80s. With that age comes spinal problems.
- Success rates of minimally invasive procedures is getting better and better, meaning more patients will opt to have surgery as opposed to other options.
- Implants are getting better. Device manufacturers are developing more biomechanically compatible implants, as well as more durable ones, meaning more people will opt for surgery than before.