Six things to know about healthcare spending
By Admin | August 17, 2016
Becker’s ASC Review compiled a list of six things to watch out for in regards to healthcare spending from 2015 through 2025.
- 2015 estimates projected healthcare expenditures to hit $3.2 trillion.
- CMS estimates healthcare spending will surpass Gross Domestic Product each year.
- Healthcare spending is projected to decrease to 4.8 percent in 2016 due to decreasing enrollment in Affordable Care Act exchanges and Medicaid plans.
- Physician prices fell 1.1 percent, medical prices increased .8 percent, yet physician and clinical services spending rose 5.4 percent in 2015.
- CMS projects Medicare expenditures to total $647.3 billion in 2015, up 4.6 percent from 2014.
- CMS expects prescription drug spending to increase 6.7 percent per year, on average.
For more details, read “CMS: Healthcare spending to rise 5.8% while physician prices continue to fall: 6 things to know” from Becker’s ASC Review.